Cantiamo: Solo Voice Camp
DUE TO COVID- ALL CAMPS WERE VIRTUAL THIS SUMMER. JULY 13-16.
ALL INFORMATION IS LOCATED ON THE MAIN PAGE AND UNDER THE VIRTUAL CAMP TAB. APPLICATIONS ARE ON THE MAIN PAGE.
Online Camp Enrollment
“My experience at Cantiamo Solo Voice Camp was challenging and rewarding. I genuinely grew as a singer and musician. My favorite part of the camp was the master class where we listened to other singers and applied what they learned to ourselves. I had fun working with so many talented vocalists. I also loved working with Dr. Robin and Kristin Griffeath. They took time with each student and helped everyone improve as singing artists. I cannot wait for next year!” – Ashton Davis, Enid High School
“I left with a renewed sense of confidence. To work with your team for such a short time on a song I’ve been singing for years, and then perform it better than ever was exciting! Thank you again for all you taught me.” – Elaina Kuhlman, Marlow Middle School
FACULTY: Dr. Robin Griffeath, Dr. Kristin Griffeath, Dr. Daniel Farris.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student completing grades 6-12 may attend, with the signature of their parent.
Complete information is on the VOICE CAMP INFORMATION sheet.
2020 Cantiamo Solo Voice Camp Schedule
Thursday, June 17
- 4:00 – Check in (after Choir Camp)
- 5:30 – Pizza dinner, introductions, group song listening and reflection
- 6:30 – SWOSU Student Recital, followed by Q & A Session:
“What’s it like to be a music major?”
- 7:45 – Introduction to group pieces, covering notes, rhythms, & style: “What it means to be a friend” by Jason Robert Brown & “Ich liebe dich” by Beethoven
- 8:30 – Karaoke and Candy with Counselors
- 10:30 – Lights out
Friday, June 18
- 7:30 – Breakfast
- 8:30 – Group meeting and warm-up
- 9:00 – Sight-singing 101, led by Dr. Farris
- 10:00 – Vocal Basics: Breath and Posture (as applied to solos and group songs)
- 11:00 –Applied Diction for Singers: “Ich liebe dich,” led by Dr. Farris
- 12:00 – Lunch
- 1:00 – Continue coaching group pieces and other solos
- 3:00 – Ice cream & Discussion of Vocal Health
- 4:00 – Recital Dress Rehearsal with piano (stay to hear other singers)
- 5:00 – Dinner, change for recital, arrive in 101 by 5:50 PM
- 6:00 – Cantiamo Student Recital, then camper release