STRING CAMP WILL BE IN PERSON THIS SUMMER! JUNE 16-19.
1: ONLINE ENROLLMENT- Click the link below- Select the camp-
2: Mail in the Enrollment application with tuition payment should by July 7.
The payment may be paid by check, credit card or cash.
WE CAN ACCEPT camp applications through the start of camp.
FACULTY: SWOSU Symphony Orchestra Director Dr. Alex Lee will be assisted by several outstanding string teachers from across the region.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student completing grades 6-12 may attend with the signature of their parents and director.
HIGHLIGHTS DURING THE WEEK INCLUDE:
- Daily Rehearsals, Classes and Performances – SWOSU Faculty members and Guest Clinicians will work with all students as they rehearse and perform together.
- Private Lessons – Students will have private lessons with a member of the string faculty.
- Electives – Music Appreciation, Chamber Music and Music Theory Classes are offered for students to broaden the knowledge of musical subjects.
- All State Etudes Clinic – Offered for high school students (entering grades 9-12) who wish to begin intensive preparation for the 2019 OkMEA All-State Auditions in December.
- Student Recital Opportunity– Students are encouraged to audition for the solo opportunities in the finale concert.
ENROLLMENT: Students can either apply online by using the online application link on the right-hand side of the webpage or mail the application to SWOSU music department. The enrollment application with tuition payment should be sent by June 5th. The payment may be paid by check, credit card or cash.
AUDITION REQUIREMENT: Students are required to submit a video recording of your playing for the orchestra seating assignments. The piece can be a solo of your own choice which demonstrates your best playing ability. The piece can be played with or without the piano accompaniment. Students must deliver a video recording of their performance to Dr. Alex Lee, either by direct email attachment or by sending a link to the posted video, to email@example.com. Students who do not have the technology available to film and/or deliver the video can make arrangement with Dr. Lee to play the test live. Please submit the recording before June 6th.
ROOM AND MEALS: Dormitory students may pay $140.00 room and meals fee by mail (with the required $140 tuition deposit) or at registration on the first day of camp. Commuter students may purchase individual meals if desired for $8.00. All meals will be served in the Student Union Cafeteria.
DORMITORIES: Students will be housed in University dormitories. SWOSU students will serve as counselors and will be supervised by adult deans and assistant deans of men and women.
REGISTRATION: You should plan to arrive on campus between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 9th, 2019. If for any reason you plan to arrive later, please let us know. Upon arrival please go to the Fine Arts Building to register. At that time you will need the following:
- $140.00 room and board fee, which includes a $10.00 dorm key deposit, if not previously paid. The $10.00 dorm key deposit will be returned to you on Friday after your room is cleaned, checked, and your key is returned to the counselors.
- Your health form if not previously completed.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring all your instrument equipment (rosin, shoulder rest, cello stopper, spare strings).
- Sheets for single bed, pillow, and pillowcases, blanket, soap, towels, washcloth, etc.
- Portable fan (All of the rooms are air-conditioned but air-conditioning is unpredictable)
- Sport clothes (jeans, shorts, etc.), that conform to your school’s dress code, for daily wear.
- Dress clothes for Wednesday’s afternoon concert (Men-Black Tuxedo; Women-Long Black)
- Spending money for snacks
CAMP OFFICE: The camp office is located in Fine Arts Center 103. The camp office telephone number will be (580) 774-3296.
INFORMATION: For any additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (580) 774-3708