2017 String Camp- June 11-14, 2017
FACULTY: SWOSU Symphony Orchestra Director Dr. Hsuan-Yu (Alex) Lee will be assisted by several outstanding string teachers from across the region.
ELIGIBILITY: Any student completing grades 6-12 may attend with the signature of their parents and director.
ENROLLMENT: The enrollment application with a $140.00 tuition payment should be sent by June 6. The payment may be paid by check, credit card or cash.
ROOM AND MEALS: Dormitory students may pay $135.00 room and meals fee by mail (with the required $140 tuition deposit) or at registration on the first day of camp. Commuter students may purchase individual meals if desired for $8.00. All meals will be served in the Student Union Cafeteria. The first meal will be served on Sunday, June 11, at 5:00 PM.
DORMITORIES: Students will be housed in University dormitories. SWOSU students will serve as counselors and will be supervised by adult deans and assistant deans of men and women.
REGISTRATION: You should plan to arrive on campus between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 11, 2016. If for any reason you plan to arrive later, please let us know. Upon arrival please go to the Fine Arts Building to register. At that time you will need the following:
- $135.00 room and board fee, which includes a $10.00 dorm key deposit, if not previously paid. The $10.00 dorm key deposit will be returned to you on Friday after your room is cleaned, checked, and your key is returned to the counselors.
- Your health form if not previously completed.
WHAT TO BRING:
- INSTRUMENT & PORTABLE MUSIC STAND (PUT YOUR NAME ON BOTH)
- Sheets for single bed, pillow, and pillowcases, blanket, soap, towels, washcloth, etc.
- Portable fan (All of the rooms are air-conditioned but air-conditioning is unpredictable)
- Sport clothes (jeans, shorts, etc.), that conform to your school’s dress code, for daily wear; swim suit
- Dress clothes for Wednesday afternoon concert
- Spending money for snacks
CAMP OFFICE: The camp office, which opens June 6, is located in Fine Arts Center 103. The camp office telephone number will be (580) 774-3296 (will not be active until June 6).
CHECK-OUT: The camp will end on Wednesday, June 14, after the final concert, which will be held in the Fine Arts Auditorium beginning at 2:00 p.m. You may check out of the dorm before your performance, from 12:30-4:00 pm. Rooms will be available in the Fine Arts Building for luggage and equipment during the concert.
REFUNDS: The tuition payment is refundable by written request postmarked on or before June 6 The $140.00 tuition payment will not be refunded after that date for any reason. Room and meal payments are refundable due to medical reasons until 5:00 PM of the first day of the camp. After that time no refunds will be issued. The university will need name, address, phone number, and social security number of the person requesting the refund in order to process any refunds. 3% processing fee on credit card transactions may not be able to be refunded depending on card issuer.
INFORMATION: For any additional information, please write or call the SWOSU Band Camps, 100 Campus Dr., Weatherford, OK 73096; (580) 774-3708 or (580) 774-3296 after June 1 or email email@example.com.
All SWOSU Music Camp application forms and updated information pages may be viewed and downloaded at: swosucamps.com
17SC Information (pdf)