June 8 – 11, 2014
FACULTY: Camp Director Dr. David Bessinger, Associate Professor of Music at SWOSU, will be joined by Mr. Jeremy Parr, Assistant Band Director at Moore High School.
ELIGIBILITY: Any person that has completed grade 9 through grade 12 may attend. Students under the age of 18 need a parent or guardian signature.
INTENT: The mission of the camp is to provide exposure to four-mallet marimba playing through the study of technique, literature, history, musicianship and performance of solo and ensemble literature.
ENROLLMENT: The enrollment application with a $140.00 deposit should be sent by June 2, 2014. The deposit may be paid by check, credit card or cash. The deposit is refundable by written request postmarked on or before June 2. The $140.00 tuition deposit will not be refunded after that date for any reason.
ROOM AND MEALS: Dormitory students may pay the $125.00 room and meals fee with the required $140.00 tuition deposit payment or at the time of registration. Commuter students may purchase individual meals for $5.50. All meals will be served in the Student Union Cafeteria. The first meal will be served at 5:00 p.m. Sunday, June 8.
DORMITORIES: Students will be housed in University dormitories. SWOSU students will serve as counselors and will be supervised by adult deans and assistant deans of men and women.
REGISTRATION: You should plan to arrive on campus between 1:00 and 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 8, 2014. If for any reason you plan to arrive later, please let us know. Upon arrival please go to the Fine Arts Building to register. At that time you will need the following:
1. $125.00 room and board fee, which includes a $10.00 dorm key deposit, if not previously paid. The $10.00 dorm key deposit will be returned to you on Wednesday after your room is cleaned, checked, and your key is returned to the counselors.
2. Your health form if not previously completed.
After registration, you will check into your dorm and then have the first class at 1:00 PM.
CAMP OFFICE: The camp office, which opens June 2, is located in Fine Arts 103. The camp office telephone number will be (580) 774-3296 (will not be active until June 2).
WHAT TO BRING:
- MALLETS AND PORTABLE MUSIC STAND (PUT YOUR NAME ON BOTH)
- Sheets for single bed, pillow, and pillowcases, blanket, soap, towels, washcloth, etc.
- Portable fan (All of the rooms are air-conditioned but air-conditioning is unpredictable)
- Sport clothes (jeans, shorts, etc.), that conform to your school’s dress code, for daily wear; swim suit
- Spending money for snacks
CHECK-OUT: The camp will end on Wednesday, June 11 at 12:00.
REFUNDS: Room and meal payments are refundable due to medical reasons until Noon of the first day of the camp. After that time no refunds will be issued.
INFORMATION: For additional information please write or call the SWOSU Band Camps, 100 Campus Dr., Weatherford, OK 73096; (580) 774-3708 or (580) 774-3296 after June 2 or email Dr. Bessinger at email@example.com.